Rig Welder Forums  

Go Back   Rig Welder Forums > Work

Old 06-14-2016, 12:24 PM

Market $/hr pay Alberta Inspector.

Hello,
I am looking for some information on the hourly rates of pay for a CWB Level 2 inspector running quality lead for structural, within the oilfield working in Northern Alberta. Coded to B31.3, Z662, w47.1/w59(+CWB welding Sup).
10 years quality experience 10 years welding(superintendent)

I appreciate your support thank you.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 AM

Re: Market $/hr pay Alberta Inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGilKap View Post
Hello,
I am looking for some information on the hourly rates of pay for a CWB Level 2 inspector running quality lead for structural, within the oilfield working in Northern Alberta. Coded to B31.3, Z662, w47.1/w59(+CWB welding Sup).
10 years quality experience 10 years welding(superintendent)

I appreciate your support thank you.
All of the information regarding what code your using doesn't effect your rate (at least in the US).

Not sure what CWB Level II is comparable to as far as US qualifications, it seems/sounds similar to have a Level II NDT certification.

If it is comparable to a Level II NDT cert like here in the US approximately you would be looking at around $35-38/Hr USD, if it is comparable to the AWS CWI roughly $38-40/Hr USD. These are some what rough estimates for the structural realm, the highest I would say to expect would be mid $40's.

But other factors come in to play such as if pay will be at a day rate (if so how many hours is a "day" considered) perdiem included or not, ( a lot of companies will offer a lower hourly rate but a fairly high perdiem to offset, some offer pretty decent hourly and a shit perdiem) is mileage included if so from where to where and at what rate.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecate4250 View Post
All of the information regarding what code your using doesn't effect your rate (at least in the US).

Not sure what CWB Level II is comparable to as far as US qualifications, it seems/sounds similar to have a Level II NDT certification.

If it is comparable to a Level II NDT cert like here in the US approximately you would be looking at around $35-38/Hr USD, if it is comparable to the AWS CWI roughly $38-40/Hr USD. These are some what rough estimates for the structural realm, the highest I would say to expect would be mid $40's.

But other factors come in to play such as if pay will be at a day rate (if so how many hours is a "day" considered) perdiem included or not, ( a lot of companies will offer a lower hourly rate but a fairly high perdiem to offset, some offer pretty decent hourly and a shit perdiem) is mileage included if so from where to where and at what rate.
Yes, CWB Level 2 is the equivalent to AWS CWI. Your rates seem in line with other information that I have received ( $49.00 - $52.00 / hr CAD), with some remote work far exceeding that. I am trying to gather as much information on wages as I can, as I am entering contract negotiations with my current employer.
I appreciate your time and help.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:38 PM

$40 / hr for an AWS CWI?????? .... I need a new employer.

Payscale (which is historically fairly accurate) has the average pay for a CWI in the US as $26.75 / hour or about $58k per year .... but most putting in 17 hours of overtime per week bringing the actual per year with $67k.

Remember, that is average .... judge accordingly based on your experience and your skill set.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Yeah, I don't even continue the conversation if they aren't even offering 35/hr.

I would keep an eye out for a new job if your only get 26 bucks an hour. Hell I would go back to welding and make more at the pay rate.

Last 4 projects I was on it was anywhere from 40-48 a hour. Plus per diem and electronic reimbursement.

Tags
cwb, inspector, money, pay, quality